In this article, we will be discussing the QuickBooks LVL_Error. We will be providing you with three different solutions for resolving this error swiftly. It may be possible that this error gets resolved from the first solution itself but if it does not then move on to the next solution. You can also dial the toll-free QuickBooks Tech Support Phone Number if you want this error to be resolved by a QuickBooks Experts.
The Error message on your screen will be:
“LVL_ERROR-error: Verify Account List Item ###: View out of sequence. Verify Account List Item XXXX: Invalid sublevel X, valid range is X to X.”
Causes of QuickBooks LVL_Error
- This error can be triggered to pop-up on your screen if there is damage or corruption in the Chart of Accounts. This will cause some accounts to show up in the improper order.
- Corruption in the Windows registry files.
How To Resolve QuickBooks LVL_Error?
Solution 1: Rebuild and verify your file
- Navigate to the File menu, then choose Utilities > Rebuild Data.
- You will get a prompt on your screen asking whether you want to create a backup file, select Yes.
- Wait for the process to finish.
- When the message Rebuild has completed appears, select OK.
- Navigate to the File menu, then choose Utilities > Verify Data.
- If you see the message QuickBooks detected no problem with your data on your screen, choose OK.
- If the error is still not resolved then move on to the next solution.
Solution 2: Re-sort List
- Navigate to the Lists menu, then choose Chart of Accounts.
- Select Re-sort List by going into the Account drop-down list,
- If a prompt appears on your screen, select Yes.
- This confirmation will allow your QuickBooks to re-sort your accounts to their original order.
- Manually verify if all of the main account types are grouped appropriately.
- In the case, the account types are not grouped in the order or subaccounts look as if they are main accounts, move on to the next solution.
Solution 3: Fix the damaged accounts manually
- In order to fix the accounts, you have to right-click the account name then select Edit Account.
- You can make the main account a subaccount or choose to return a subaccount to your main account.
- See if the Subaccount of the box is marked or not in the drop-down next to the checkbox, then choose the correct account type.
- Choose OK.
- Repeat steps 1 to 3 for all the accounts that have been affected.
- Rebuild and verify your data again to confirm the damage is fixed.
These are all the steps that we recommend all the QuickBooks Users who are facing the QuickBooks LVL_Error. If the solutions did not work for you or if you get stuck at any point, call the toll-free QuickBooks Tech Support Phone Number 1888-557-6950. Our QuickBooks will help you out. You can also use the Live Chat Support button on our website to get in touch with the QuickBooks Experts.