QuickBooks Point of Sale is a powerful platform that allows QuickBooks POS Users to keep an eye on sales, manage inventory and generate precise reports effectively and swiftly. QuickBooks POS is more than capable of meeting brick and mortar demands of a growing business. Users can benefit from QuickBooks POS features such as multiple payments option (Credit cards, Debit Cards, cash and more), track your inventory, sync with QuickBooks and many more. It has an easy to understand User Interface and if you ever get confused about any tool or feature, you can immediately get help from the QuickBooks ProAdvisors by dialing the toll-free QuickBooks Tech Support Number.
It has been reported by a few Users that they have encountered QuickBooks POS Error 1706. In this article, we will guide you on how you can fix this error swiftly by yourself.
Causes of QuickBooks POS Error 1706
- Improper installation of the software.
- Using a pirated CD or DVD for installing QuickBooks POS
- You have entered incorrect credentials in the installation process
The Error message on your screen will be:
“A Valid authorization not found while opening the POS.”
How To Fix QuickBooks POS Error 1706?
We are providing three solutions for this error. It is possible that the error might get fixed from the first solution itself but if it does not, move on to the next solution.
Solution 1: Using the System File Checker tool (SFC)
- Download the SFC tool from the official website.
- Install SFC tool on your computer.
- Click on Scan now button once it is installed on your computer.
- SFC will first search for all damaged files associated with Microsoft .NET framework and then start repairing them one by one.
- Reopen your QuickBooks.
Solution 2: Install QuickBooks POS again
- Uninstall QuickBooks POS from your computer.
- Reinstall QuickBooks POS now.
Solution 3: Update your QuickBooks POS version to the latest release
- Go to the Product Update screen.
- Ensure that QuickBooks is marked as your product.
- Follow the instructions on your screen to update your QuickBooks POS to the latest release.
- Once the update process is finished, restart your computer.
- Use your QuickBooks POS.
These are all the solutions that we recommend to all the QuickBooks Users who are encountering the QuickBooks POS Error 1706 on their screens.
Support Services for all QuickBooks Errors
If the solutions mentioned above did not fix the QuickBooks Error 1706 on your desktop, you can choose to contact the QuickBooks Support Services Team by dialing the toll-free QuickBooks Support Number 1888-557-6950. The QuickBooks Support Services Team is made from the best QuickBooks Technicians around the world. These QuickBooks Technicians have been working with QuickBooks for many years now. We have the utmost confidence in their skills and that is why we give your 100% refund if you are not happy with the services that were delivered to you.